---------------------
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:57:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

i have heard that if you use the dot 4 (i beleive)
silicone brake fluid in a regular dot 2 or 3 system,
it will eat out all the rubber seals. i dont want to
use the silicone fluid. but what about the other way
around. i have a master cylinder from a military
hummer. brand new. not rebuilt. we use the silicone
fluid. does anyone know if there are problems using
regular dot 3 fluid in a silicone suited m/c?? i hope
not cause i didnt even think about that till after i
blead the brakes and have had it on for about 3 days
now.... oops, shoulda thunk a that earlier?? lol.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"