[Amc-list] Re; 1970 Mark Donohue =390=

Keith, I'm going to take a chance and hope I don't offend you.  Have you
been into AMC's long enough or had enough experience with them to know all
the places to look?  As I said, this isn't meant to offend, just to make
sure.  With a $12,000 price tag the car shouldn't take any work.  Unless the
car has just been restored and they have pictures, I would ask to remove the
kick panels under the dash and check for rust.  The inner rocker panels,
under the rear window, and the troughs under both front fenders are also
high rust places.  If you know all the then disregard and good luck with
your decision.

Dan Whitehed

Keith,
Snip
They are asking $12,000 and the interior has all been replaced.
Pretty much just needs cleaning up and a radio. Speaking of which
does anyone know if they made or make a radio delete plate for the
Javelin? Thanks again.
SNIP

Not to sound as if I am approaching this with a Rambler mentality, but
you do not sound
as if this car is really good shape nor what the mechanicals are like.