[Amc-list] Sweet mill

Brien said,
<<<but that 4.7 litre
is my favourite mill - belt drive DOHC, VVT-i, compressed
graphite light weight Iron cyl. block,powder forged rods,
forged crank, 'n looks like a HEMI - 284.5cu.in. 271HP.....
sounds 'hairy' running thru Borlas' >>>

I think that's the same engine as in my Lexus LS430 but bigger bore.
Mine is 262 cu.in. and 290 HP running as smooth as silk.
Four valves per cylinder and 6 bolt mains. The performance is amazing for a big car. This is what one magazine said about it, "The new 290 horsepower 4.3 litre V8 engine accelerates the LS 430 from 0-100 mph in 6.5 seconds and to the 1/4 mile in 14.7 seconds, as quick as many high-performance sports cars."( I suspect the 6.5 secs is to 100 kilometers not mph)
I have one of the 4 litre engines that is 244 cu. in. and 250 HP and I'm actively looking for a Javelin to put it in. I don't have a transmission for it so I've been looking for a wrecked SC400 so I get all the other stuff needed to put the thing into running order. Don't look for it soon though, I have 2 other cars already in line and one of them is a 70 Nova that might end up with the Lexus engine. All of this to say I like your taste in engines.
Don
1970 AMX
"The older I get, the better I was."