[Amc-list] Re; 1970 Mark Donohue =390=

Keith,
Snip
They are asking $12,000 and the interior has all been replaced.
Pretty much just needs cleaning up and a radio. Speaking of which
does anyone know if they made or make a radio delete plate for the
Javelin? Thanks again.
SNIP

Not to sound as if I am approaching this with a Rambler mentality, but
you do not sound
as if this car is really good shape nor what the mechanicals are like.
>From where I sit
a replaced (Not new? If not new, what has been replaced?) interior in a
car with no
radio, and it probably had one originally and needs "cleaning up" which
is a statement that
has a lot of open ends in it. The brakes on that thing, if original are
repairable these days
as all of the parts are being reproduced now, but you could put a grand
in them with out
batting an eyelash and if they have been up graded to later brakes, then
the originality
is gone even if they are more inexpensive to mainatain although my
orginal brakes have
lasted through the years fairly well but in part 'cause I paid almost
$700.00 for Calipers
in 1981.
Yes they made a radio delete plate, 'cause a radio was an option! The
next trick would
be to locate one! It would be easier to find a radio.
Based on existing information, I would expect it to be at least clean
for 12 Grand, and
if so it would be a contemporary buy, not a deal.
John.