Re: [Amc-list] away (prk laser eye surgery)

Re: [Amc-list] away (prk laser eye surgery)

Hey Dave: congratulations!

It will get better quickly. I had PRK done in Aug 1996, going from
pretty much legally blind without glasses to about 20/15 without
glasses. 11 years after the fact, I've stabilized at about 20/30. The
regression is mostly due to an astigmatism that has progressed somewhat
over the years.
I recently went to see if there was room for improvement, but the eye
doc told me that yes, he could probably tweak it a bit and make it some
better, but that the gain would be negligible and if it were him he
wouldn't bother with it. I mostly only have trouble in low-light
conditions and occasionally at night.

My opinion: worth every cent and I'm glad I did it. I'm quite sure
you'll be glad as well once you've stabilized.

Jeff Reeves
Auburn GA
94 Cherokee
79 Spirit GT