Re: [Amc-list] fsj 232/th400 [was: AMC Ads]

A: The bellhousing on '71 and older AMC 6 cyls is different from the '72 and
newer (much smaller and different from AMC V8)

From: msproviero@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] fsj 232/th400 [was:  AMC Ads]
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."
<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I think I missed some of the earlier posts due to deletion, but
I don't understand why any adapters would be required at all to
fit a TH400 to a 232.  You just get any TH400 that has the
desired output configuration you want (2wd, 23-spline 4wd NP
pattern, whatever) and swap the housing with a later AMC/Jeep
Quadratrac TH400 housing.  Or, take the output housing off the
one you need and swap off the Quadratrac output shaft.

What did I miss that would make this more complicated than it
sounds?

-Spro