Re: [Amc-list] silly ford axle question?

Re: [Amc-list] silly ford axle question?

None of the 8.8" units are narrow enough for the American. It is in the 56.5" or thereabouts range total width.
I snoozed yesterday on a new 28 splin Detroit locke carrier that went in the $150 range on evilbay.
28 spline will be fine for mine. If I have to build new I will probably go to 31.
I need to see if the guy who I new years back is still building stuff.
If so he was a real good guy who would build quality pieces from used stuff and stand behind them if they broke.
Probably cost about half the cost of new if he is still kicking.
10 years ago I sold off a 70's Bronco 9" with 3.50 gears. I knew I'd be sorry someday!

Oh, well, When we get thru this summer season at work, I'll start researching where to find what I need to do it right.
A 9" will cost a little mpg over the lighter axles, but I won't break the darn thing!!!

If I back off the other projects and just stay concentrated on the American I may just see my way thru to dropping a Stroker in it someday.....

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>