[Amc-list] New Job! [Well sort of]!Othe ramblings too!

[Amc-list] New Job! [Well sort of]!Othe ramblings too!

I may finally be getting the job I thought I was getting back 4 years ago!
The fiscal year started July 1st and in this years budget is $30K for a 3rd Theatre technician!
Once they get him hired I should loose 99.9% of my overtime! I'm so happy I could just, well you know! Loosing the $5-10K a year in overtime will hurt a little, but having time to enjoy my life will be worth it! Last I checked we don't get any do-overs and spending all my time in a dark Theatre is getting real old!
   To keep this on-topic. I have managed to get my shedule setup to allow me to travel to Cecil!
I'm hoping to be able to bring home Andrews 65 American from there. If that fails I may just have to bring the American! I've been working on a 4 gig mp3 player I got from my son getting my music on it. I got to say I love the thing! I can plug it into the Sony head unit on my American set it to play random and just drive! No monthly subscription fees! No commercials!   I've got a note made to myself. The next step is to put patch cables on my shop radios.
     Time is too short this month to get anything much accomplished on the cars. Next month we are doing a 10-11 day 20th anniversary trip to Hawaii. So it may be September before I get much done on a Rambler.
   Just the thought of no more 50-70 hour weeks back to back is enough to get me thru this hopefully last summer season!
    I also have to start planning on getting the 2.95 gear set in the New T5. My pilot bearing started squealing last week from time to time. It only occurs when I place the trans in gear with the clutch depressed so I'm assuming it is the pilot. It only does it randomely too. No vibration or clutch chatter. No noise with the trans in nuetral. I can only think of the pilot bearing. Rats! I'm not worried about driving it. Itis embarrasing when it acts up though.
   The puddles from the leaking cover on the AMC 15 rear have to get fixed too! They are getting too busy to ignore. Anyone know what the "right stuff" sealant is? Ron recomended it over on THEAMCFORUMS.com. if he says it works I believe him. I don't want to look like a moron asking for it if I don't have to! Anyoneknow where to get it? Hey, I just realized if I get of my butt and onto a creeper and fix that drip I will have a drip free American! That's a first!!!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV