[Amc-list] Re; newer Strut Rod Bushings and more

[Amc-list] Re; newer Strut Rod Bushings and more

Snip
John,
FWIW, my parts manual has a detailed drawing of the strut rod
and its various pieces. The nuts and washers for the 68-70
models are the same part numbers and all the washers are
described as dished and appear to be cupped side toward the
bushing.
Don
Snip

Don,
To verify this, there are two strut rod bushings that apparently
are factory installed possibly depending on the years or
approved for use.
The single piece unit that was installed I believe on 1970 and
possibly earlier and the double piece unit that I believe was
installed on 1971 and newer as best as I can determine from
data I have. In either case, the use both units are covered by
the TSM's . This indicates that they are interchangeable
and  perfectly legitimate in use and may be substituted back
and forth with out a problem.
There for what does your parts list describe for use in the
date range from 1968-1970? The one or two piece or both.
If both, what is the configuration of the pregnant washers
for the two variations and if it covers later years what does
it say about them?
>From looking at information I have I suspect that the orientation
of the pregnant washers will be different depending on
the use of the one vs two piece strut rod bushing.
These two configurations should be valid up through the end
of production of the two wheel drive AMC cars except the
Pacer which does not use strut rods.
And thanks for checking.
John.