Re: [Amc-list] American trunnion

On Sat, 2007-06-30 at 16:51 -0700, JOE FULTON wrote:

> Of course I'm feeling like a louse for selling you
> that car.  I had no idea that you would encounter such
> trouble.

Don't! It's a damn old car! I'll find a solution to this. In the mean
time I'll proceed with the rest of the stuff. Got the head on today,
cold torque. Awaiting a couple more pushrods from Galvin's before I toss
the rockers on.

> You might want to check with a machine shop and see if
> they have a way to drill those bolts out.  They may
> have a mill with coolant to the bit.  Surely in LA
> there is someone who can handle that kind of task.

Yeah, I found a shop that will disintegrate them out. Pricey though, but
them's the breaks I guess. Old cars cost money!

I still like this car and look forward to driving it. I'm knocking off
the sharp edges though. I assume the clutch is at end of life, but the
trans I have a spare for, the rear axle gears are OK (I looked), no
serious rust, ... unless (when... :-) the bottom end falls out of the
motor, I'll think about that aluminum 195.6 I always wanted to play
with...