Re: [Amc-list] 64 classic 2 door clutch question

Re: [Amc-list] 64 classic 2 door clutch question

Besides all the other suggestions already given, you can have your
clutch relined (check Hemmings Motor News for sources). The AMC Rambler
Club's parts source book lists http://www.then-now.com/ as a source of
clutch parts. They rebuilt the fuel pump in my 67 American a few years
ago. I wouldn't hesitate to buy stuff from them.

Matt

The Brain Family wrote:
> Hi I'm new to the list but have owned 3 ramblers in the past.  A 64 Ambassador 4door w/327and AT, a 64 Classic 2 door w/6cyl. and AT and a 65 Classic 2door w/6cyl. and 3speedOD. It's been about 12 years though so I must be redy for another one.
>
> Anyway have the opportunity to buy a 64 Classic 2door 6 cyl 3-speed. Guy tells me the clutch is shot. I'm wondering...  will I be able to find a clutch for this car? Where? and what should I expect to pay for a clutch?
>
> thanks
> jbrain

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH