Re: [Amc-list] m8 transmission

" From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" i know this was talked about a month or 2 ago. i just
" found it again and remembered it. the fmx is said to
" be alot alike. i understand the fmx has a removeable
" bellhousing. what about my m8? wondering if i could
" just swap trans all together? same length and such? i
" think i can get an fmx easily enough. how much work
" would that be to swap maybe? stall converter and all
" availible for those. just getting the flexplate to
" match the converter maybe? or should i just stick with
" getting the fmx rebuild kit and rebuild the stock
" trans?

yes; they are siblings.  i've been told the fmx is a straight swap for
the iron warners, though i'm not really sure about the output splines.
you'd reuse your flexplate, converter, and housing.

jags used the iron warner up to '78...