Re: [Amc-list] brake drums

On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 17:44 -0400, Jay wrote:
> I got the drums  from NAPA today and they are REAR drums (no place for wheel
> bearings). So the rear drums are 640-1074 that look like they will be a good
> replacement even though they are  2.5 inches wide. They will overhang the
> backing plate but I don't think that will be a problem. More later.

You probably have to remove the drum from the hub. It's not obvious that
it comes apart, but it does. I think it's in the TSM somewhere, but
basically you can put a junk lugnut on each lug and drive the lugs
inward, they'll fall out. Then some whacks remove the hub. Get new lugs
from NAPA (cheap).

Next time around the drum wil come off; factory drums are crimped around
the lugs, not really necessary though.