Re: [Amc-list] Spirit Mileage re: was Where's my sign?

Re: [Amc-list] Spirit Mileage re: was Where's my sign?

Marc,

Having owned an Iron Duke Spirit in which I rebuilt
the engine so I know it was running right, your
project goal just "might" be doable.

I got a max fuel economy in the very low twenties with
my set-up (Iron Duke (carbed) with 904 auto).  19-20
mpg was more routine.

I do recommend that you stay with (or go to) some
narrower radial tires to meet your mileage goals even
though they might look kinda "old lady".

Good Luck,
Joe Fulton