Re: [Amc-list] Where's my sign? (was Re: Eastwood Gas Tank Sealer Kit)

At 08:10 PM 6/16/2007 -0700, you wrote:

>The last time I lit it, I just recall suddenly not being able to hear or
>breath. Don't know how far away from that tank I landed, but when I looked
>back, the hole in the tank looked like the gaping maw of some alien
>creature!

LMAO!!  I think you're ahead of me on stupid tricks points.  Next time, get video.

Thirty some years ago, I had a collection of model rockets.  My favorite was a really cool, BIG model rocket called a "Renegade/5".  It was launched by three D cell Estes rocket motors (the kind the Feds outlawed in their latest fit of paranoia).  I got the great idea of turning the nose cones into makeshift warheads, with the help of a local friend who was into improvised weapons (it's amazing what you can do with household chemicals, and how easy it is to change certain semi-auto pistols to full-autos).  The last one I converted into a missile was my Renegade.  It did a great imitation of an ICBM and, best yet, actually hit something -- a stack of cinder blocks that I wasn't really aiming for but which nevertheless allowed me to fully appreciate the physics of how a small warhead set off dead center top of a mass can suddenly break a good portion of that mass apart.

AMC content: Yesterday, I finally found the engine/trans setup I've been searching for for a loooong time: a Jeep 4 cyl 5 speed 2wd setup, complete, for $250.  It's going to go into a Spirit, purely to see if I can turn one of those cars into a 30mpg city car.  I figure if this motor can drag a 4019-lb. Dakota's butt around and still get 21 to 23 mpg city, in a Spirit, which weighs +- 1200 lbs less (2970 w/six) and has better aerodynamics, it might be a great combo for MPG .

Any tips on what externals I'll need to do it?

-- Marc