Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 6, Issue 40

Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 6, Issue 40

Thanks for the tips guys,
Here's something scary...........
Yesterday when I was trying to install those nasty clips I discovered the
bolts holding the strut rod to the lower control arm were loose on the
passenger side, probably been that way for two or more summers, I rebuilt
the front end two or three summers ago, maybe forgot to tighten those bolts,
one nut was finger tight the other was a bit tighter. Amazes me how lucky I
was not to have that come apart on the highway. Thank you Jesus...........
I'm afraid to look at the drivers side...........
I think most of my front end clunk going over bumps was from those loose
bolts. I could move the steering travel limiter bracket with my
It was trying to tell me for three years to look at it......
Any way I certainly hope with the info I got from Dave and Mark that all
will be good.
Thanks again,

Armand