Re: [Amc-list] 15" rims for Ambo wagon?

A: I took the chromies off a '72 Chrysler Newport for the Hornet/Concord
wagon I had (It needed fenders and none of the local junkyards had any
non-rotted Hornets)

From: Roger Blake <rogblake@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] 15" rims for Ambo wagon?
To: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Just to follow up on this -- I finally managed to get to a
junkyard to
look for 15" rims. I took an old front rotor from the Ambo with
me to
check for fit.

I found that  Ford rims had a center hole that is just a bit too
small. (I
checked a few different ones from different years.) However, the
yard
happened to have a rear-drive Dodge Diplomat with 15" wheels.
These are
a perfect fit! Aside from some surface rust, the rims looked
otherwise
straight and in good condition, so I got the set of four for
$80. (The
spare tire in the Diplomat was gone, will have to keep an eye
out for
another, but for the moment the 14" spare in the Ambassador is
not in
too bad shape.)

A little wirebrushing and POR-15, and these rims should be good
as
new! (Well, at least they'll be presentable and serviceable.)

--
   Roger Blake
   rogblake@xxxxxxxxx