Re: [Amc-list] 6 cyl. to V8 swap

In a message dated 6/15/2007 9:40:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

OK  Bart,
Now that I have your opinion about Bulltear engine oiling parts for  AMC
V-8s,
Please give me your take on what I should be doing to make my  401 live a
long
and happy life while running in the 3500 to 6500 rpm  range for extended
periods
of time. Example: 70 Javelin Trans AM clone  for lap days at the Road Course.
What are your suggestions to supply  positive oiling to the crank mains and
rods?
Do I need a crank  scraper?
How about valve train lubrication?
Got any tips for the  distributor gears? Or should I go to crank trigger
ignition?
Do I need  to worry amount cam lubrication? Or is the factory oil galley
serving the  cam adequate?
Who has the best roller cam for AMC V-8s?
Any other tips  please send them my way.
Thanks,
Armand

I'm not saying that an oil mod period is wrong,its just that there seems to
be many who have their own 'kits' that haven't been really tested out
there.and  I'm a drag racer type of guy,road racing i know very little about. But dist
 gears Ii know something about,use a bronze one or a factory AMC one as the
ones  MSD are selling i've heard are total garbage and are prone to failure.And
Comp  will custom make you a roller cam for your application.My buddies
running one in  his Herman Lewis built 401 stroker motor.
Bart