Re: [Amc-list] 6 cyl. to V8 swap

In a message dated 6/12/2007 6:00:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

on one  hand it's easy; hornet/gremlin v8 crossmembers fit and if you
can't find an  american amc20 axle there are others that fit well.
on the other hand, amc  added quite a bit of reinforcement to the
subframes and floorpans on the  '68-9 americans that the '65 doesn't
have - almost 200lb worth, if i guess  right.  rumors are amc had
enough chassis flex with the '67 343 to  crack windshields.

Andrew has a point there,I forgot to mention earlier than you may want to
weld some subframe connectors' underneath to strengthen the integrity of the
chassis if you plan on dropping in a 343.
Bart M.
74 Gremlin X
  360/904