Re: [Amc-list] WOW 1966 Ramber Ambassador 990 Barn Find

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 09:34 -0500, Duane Hacking wrote:
> Check out what I just pulled out of a barn been sitting 9 years!
>
> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2664572/1

Beautiful find!!

Erm, check that 'empty tank'... if all the gas evaporated then it
probably left toxic sludge in there... drain some of the gas from the
carb end of the car (siphon from the hose to the fuel pump) and make
sure it's pristine clean gasoline and not oddly colored.

I'm not sure this is what just happened to my old American, or if kids
or someone put plastic or something in the gas, but it's worth a quick
check before harm is done.