Re: [Amc-list] the 195.6 OHV engine

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" So I'm on Cape Cod visiting family and my very ill father, and took with
" []

you were only a few hrs from me!  especially if you flew into logan.
tf greene is probably easier for the cape though.  if you'd made me an
offer i'd have let you have my early six / t10 bell.

then again i wasn't home all wkend - helping gf get her house ready
for big family gathering next wkend...

" The long stroke sucks for revving, and the available transmissions are
" weak, but a T14 fits (I assume anything that fits the pre-72 new six
" would bolt to the 195.6OHV).

should, with one proviso: the bolt pattern is the same for
rear-tranny-mount t96s, but rear-bellhousing-mount trannies have the
bottom 2 bolts higher ~1".

" 225hp in an early American would be a hell of a lot of fun! It's hard to
" believe that would kill the crank if the revs were kept low (4000 max)
" and HP limited.

dynamic loads increase -rapidly- with rpm - either square or cube, i
don't recall - so you can get away with a lot of boost if you aim for
midrange torque and not top-end hp.  and torque is what you feel on
the street.