[Amc-list] '66-'69 Rambler American differences

[Amc-list] '66-'69 Rambler American differences

Along with another car, I purchased the remains of a SC/Rambler almost 4
years ago.  The rust in the body was beyond repair, so the previous owner
removed all the parts he could, cut up the body, and got rid of it.
Instead of letting its remains go part by part, I would prefer to make
myself a nice clone for a weekend cruiser.  (It is against the law in
Missouri to remove  VIN numbers and attach them to different vehicles, no
doubt it still happens though)

If I were to find a different hardtop shell to use as the basis, other than
the taillight panel on the '66, are there any other differences that would
need to be addressed or would make one of these years not usable?

Thank you.

Jeff Bohler
St Louis, Missouri
'70 Javelin 390 4-speed