[Amc-list] The 1512 Registry membership drive

[Amc-list] The 1512 Registry membership drive

Since my last spat of posts on the AMXfiles, I was able to find a really
nice, reasonably low mileage SC/Rambler in the KC areas that I hauled back
to Phoenix behind my poor Envoy which struggled mightily climbing those
hills between Kansas and Albuquerque and then again on the very large and
long hill to just after Sedona on the I-17.  Rule #1 of climbing a hill is
never get stuck behind a Waste Management truck going 15 miles and hour on
the freeway while towing something heavy or you will have a heck of a time
getting around him on a steep climb without getting rear ended!

Nonetheless, the SC is a very nice and clean car that  is in great shape and
only in need a few minor engine repairs (dented oil pan, too big of a cam
for my taste on a drive around car, an issue with variable timing at idle
which is most likely cam walk or timing chain related as the distributor
shaft is nice and snug so it does not appear to be on the ignition side).
It also needs the correct shifter, which I have, all of the original smog
parts and factory carb, which I also have and a few other miscellaneous
factory AMC parts which I am tracking down as we speak.  I have put a brief
description of the car up on the AMXfiles member list if anyone is
interested in more details.

So I have a few questions for the "files".  I have ordered a 270/280 cam,
lifter and timing chain kit which is supposed to have a reasonable idle.  I
am sure at least one member on the list has used this same cam and I would
like to hear your experiences with it.  Also, I would be interested if you
used the cam did you have to degree that cam or if installing it on the
default camshaft and crankshaft gear keys was all that was needed.  I would
also like to install a cam walk kit but haven't seen them around for while
and would like to know if anyone has information on the source of where I
can purchase one of those kits.

My other purpose for writing to the AMXfiles is to encourage anyone who is
interested or owns an SC to join the Amazing American Muscle 1512 Registry
started by Matt Wilson and Joie Vaughn.  I have become an active member and
forum moderator and would like to see more activity on the list than
currently exists.  The AMXfiles has always been a great source of
information for AMC related subjects and I am sure the 1512 Registry would
really benefit from having some of that knowledge base shared across the two
platforms.

Frank, I will look to make sure that the 1512 Registry has a hotlink to the
AMXfiles and would much appreciate it if you can do the same between the AMX
files and the 1512 Registry.  Our URL is http://www.amazingmusclecars.com/
for the home page and the Registry Forum URL is
http://www.joiesjeeps.com/phpBB2/index.php .

I look forward to the addition of some of the very knowledgeable and helpful
contributions from the AMXfiles faithful to the 1512 Registry.

Best Regards,
Dan Curtis
d.curtis@xxxxxxx
602 317 2018