Re: [Amc-list] 1967 Rebel Wagon roof rack removal

John, if I read you right you are referring to the strip that separates the seating area from the cargo area, more or less above the rear (second) seat back. You have to remove the headliner to get to the cargo rack screws. That strip separates the front and rear headliners though. Remove that strip, all the trim around the tailgate window, then pop the side channel off on one side. The headliner will drop down and can be removed out the back. Reverse procedure to reinstall.

--------------------
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 00:05:02 EDT
From: JohnBherna@xxxxxxx

Hello,

I need to remove the roof rack on my 1967 Rebel Wagon.  I need to remove
surface rust and prime.  I noticed there is a strip running across the inner
head
line with screws.  I was wondering if I remove the strip I can gain access to
the screws to remove the chrome ends of the roof rack.  I any info will be
appreciated.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"