Re: [Amc-list] 252 six

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 19:58 -0400, Archimedes wrote:

> If you want to see a 196 do the jitterbug right through your hood, go
> for it.
>
> They were weak in the bottom end and their most common problem was
> spinning rod bearings and (eventually) throwing rods.

Dick Dotson claims he thinks they'd be good for turboing. Don't think
he's done it though, and I'm not likely to.

I know there's not a lot of bearings down there, and it's probably not a
stiff crank.

> This was why AMC made a big deal about the 232 series being seven main
> bearing.

And our 40 years of history with it has shown it to be a Brick Sh*thouse
of a motor! If it wasn't so looong it would be nice in the little
American.