[Amc-list] Re; Rebuilding a 304 questions

[Amc-list] Re; Rebuilding a 304 questions

Troy

Snip
This is is my first time rebuilding a motor. It took me a year paying
the machine
shop and I dont want to screw anything up. I just got the short block
and heads
back from the machine shop. I need to put the heads, manifold, etc back
on. I
have a chilton's manual but I don't see what order I am supposed to put
the
head bolts on in, or what I am supposed to Torque them to. I am a little
scared
to finish it and would appreciate any help I can get.
Snip

The following web site has a 1973 manual that you can copy, The engine
information will be in this manual and there should not be anything of
significance that will be different. But if you think there is a problem
you can surly ask a question.
However, obtaining a service manual or Technical Service Manual (TSM) as
the AMC manual is referred to is certainly a good idea. I have purchased
one for every year AMC I have owned and a couple of years I haven't
owned as I work on them occasionally and as soon as the 1976 TSM is on a
CD I will purchase it.

http://www.tocmp.com/manuals/AMC/1973/Service/index.html

Following is some sources of service manuals I have on file, but they
are not limited to just these, these are the ones that I could copy
quickly.

Rick & Mindy's Automotive

PO Box 288

 Almont, MI 48003