Re: [Amc-list] rebuilding 304 questions

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 09:17 -0700, mariclairemccall@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> This is my first time rebuilding a motor. It took me a year paying the
> machine shop and I dont want to screw anything up. I just got the
> short block and heads back from the machine shop. I need to put the
> heads, manifold, etc back on. I have a chilton's manual but I don't
> see what order I am supposed to put the head bolts on in, or what I am
> supposed to Torque them to. I am a little scared to finish it and
> would appreciate any help I can get.

Oh man oh man go buy an AMC Technical Service Manual, all secrets will
be revealed. Chilton's are crap for anything but tuneups. For the basics
pretty much any year with a 304 will do.

Even if it's $50 it will pay for itself the first day.

There's a 1970 on eBay (item 200114607909) that'll be 1000% better than
Chiltons. I didn't see any 71, 72's, and around that vintage they seem
to run $50.

Good luck with the motor!