[Amc-list] My Optima

Is still alive!
I mentioned earlier this week it was dying.
Well, next day I hit it with the voltmeter to discover it was at 12.+ volts after sitting over night!??? So, I thought, something is fishey here. I started looking at connections. The first thing I noticed is the old school ground clamp on the battery. It is the old type that uses a flat plate to hold the stripped cable. It is a solid brass one, but still I opened it up. Well wouldn't you figure, corroded!!! I stripped the cable back for fresh wire, wire wheeled eveything on the connector and coated it with die electric grease. Cleaned both terminals and everything now seems fine. You'd think an ex ASE-Master-tech would have enough sense to clean battery terminals now and again!!! Nah! Fawgetaboutit!!!
  Saved me $149.99 + tax. Some darned good batteries though!!! No RM involved in buying an Optima!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV