[Amc-list] little american

Man, it all took a lot longer than expected! That never
happens! (uhuh)

It runs.

Found 12 decent pushrods out of the mess, it all went together
without a hitch. Took a while to crank up some gas. Made the
mistake of putting lockwashers under the rocker arm bolts
(pressurized oil squirts out the split in the lock -- duh --
I restored the proper fat washers in the middle two etc).

Never dropped the pan. I decided it was a make-work job (I'm
good at making up work). I did buy that Best Gasket rear seal
off eBay, will save for later. Drained the oil (looked fine)
stuck my finger innit. No serious sludge. Fill it and ship it!

Brakes working, but 3 of the 4 bleeders were plugged, so these
wheel cyls need replacing ASAP. Gotta decide on what to do about
the fronts (I want bigger). Got it all bled and all that. No
wheel cyl leaks, but I bet they start leaking soon since from
use and I just flushed out all the sealing dirt. No leaks in
my crappy brakeline flares! NAPA oly got me two brake hoses, so
the rear's are still the old ones, but that's an easier sub-job.

Lots of little cleanups, repairs, etc ate up the time. This
car had a lot of neglect (brakes) so I had a handful of little
things under the hood to fix. Even got it looking nice(r).

Ran out of time today, so I only got it hot and torqued
everything, tomorrow will adjust valves, seal it up, test the
brakes and go for a ride.

The only extra parts were rusted studs, washers, bolts.

Sorry Mark, weather here is perfect for driving an old car. Hope
yours clears up! Maybe you should switch to Amphicats?