Re: [Amc-list] electric fan for '63 american

On Sat, 26 May 2007, Jay wrote:

> I had a 7 blade fan on my American and it didn't cool any better than the 5
> blade flex-fan I had replaced. It also made a lot more noise ,so I put the 5
> blade fan back on. My car runs in the normal range even in parades and
> idling in the Summer for long periods.  My 2 cents worth.

Clean radiator and block, good pump and thermostat, and vacuum
advance off the manifold! :-)

Oddly, my 63 American had spark advance off the carb port. Bent
steel line. I moved it.

Got all the brake plumbing in yesterday, head is on,
all the top-of-engine junk cleaned, painted, lubed and
installed. Gotta bench and car bleed the brakes, assemble
the rocker assembly. Hopefully I'll start and drive today,
or maybe tomorrow.