[Amc-list] T-96 OD governor

This post is mainly for Frank Swygert, but if anyone else has info please feel free to chime in!  Frank, you recently posted somewhere, I can't remember where, about the differences in the wiring for the governors. I put a T-96 OD from a 63 Classic into my 64 American 440H. The only difference between the two was the wiring on the governor itself. The one from the Classic had only one wire, whereas my American had two. I took the top plate from the governor on the dead 64 T-96 (with 2 wires), and just swapped it for the one wire on the 63 T-96. The OD has never worked with this set-up. Should I switch it back to the one wire set-up and ground the extra wire? Are there any differences internally that keep it from working with the two wire set-up?
    I'm asking now because I have the interior stripped from the American, and the "governor access hole" in the tranny hump is accessible right now.