Re: [Amc-list] turn signal 69 AMX

Jim,

First off, the turn signal indicator bulb in the cluster has nothing to do with your problem - it's in a parallel circuit.

Start with the obvious; check the fuse. The turn signals are on the same fuse as the back-up lights. Are the back-ups working? (Hazzards are on a different fuse) Check to see if there's power at the flasher. The brown wire should be hot with the key on.

I would check the flasher unit next. To test the flasher, pull it and short the two terminals on the plug together. When you actuate the signals, the lamps should turn on, but they won't flash (key on of course).

Other than that, I would suspect the turn signal switch in the column - it may be OK in the neutral position, so the hazzards work properly, but may lose contact in the left or right position.

Good Luck,

Ross Blair
69 BBO Javelin 390
Ottawa, Ont.

=
Sherman International USA - Furnaces
Supplier of new and used steel mill equipment and engineering: Hot and cold rolling mills, melt shops, processing lines, and more.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=63be4427b0e6951d73e4e6245e245e31