Re: [Amc-list] t5 gears

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
"  -------------- Original message ----------------------
" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
"
" > i actually think - without experience - that the 2.95 t5 with 0.8 5th
" > wouldn't be too bad in the sort of cars i lean toward, six powered.
" >
" Gee I hope not! It's what I'm putting in mine. Although I'm figuring on keeping the hgiher OD.
" It's .62 or so isn't it?

yup, the stock one is.  0.80 is a warner aftermkt 5th for it.  thing
is, with the gear spacing 0.62 would make a good -6th-.

"  Final axle ratio will be 3:42 or 3:55, depending on if it gets a Fraud or Chebbie rear axle, still looking.

still not thinking dart?  dakotas used the 8.25 and had rear disks...
match the dak disks to the dart rear?

some daks had an 8.25 with -6- x 4.5" lugs.