Re: [Amc-list] breaks

Tom,

Sounds like it's too late now but the ridiculously huge flare nuts you
need are available from a couple places. Inline Tube
(http://www.inlinetube.com) is one place that carries them.

Also, I'll do you one better on scary brake lines: When I switched out
the rear line on my 67 American, it started leaking out of the middle of
the line after the tranny cross member was removed. The only thing I can
figure that kept it from leaking the rest of the time was the slight
pressure the cross member puts on the anti-rattle sleeve in that area. I
hadn't driven the car at that point since I knew the wheel cylinders
where bad but it didn't leak at all stomping on the brake pedal.

Matt

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com