Message: 12
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 22:12:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMC-Javelin-AMX-SST-Rebel-Rambler-front-disc-brak
e_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQihZ012QQitemZ220110062946QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZ
WDVW

or eBay item # 220110062946

 	"This setup was created from a 1969 Rebel spindle.
 	We designed a bracket to utilize 1983-94 2WD Ranger
 	rotors and 1983-94 S10 4WD calipers to convert the
 	stock drum knuckle and spindle to disc.  This will fit
 	inside the stock AMC 14" rims easily.  The components
 	needs are quite inexpensive, and doing this changeover
 	should be less than $400 total.  These brackets bolt
 	in between the spindle and knuckle, and will increase
 	total track width by 1/4".  These brackets are AutoCAD
 	designed, then CNC laser cut and professionally welded
 	with Grade 8 hardware.	The auction is for the brackets,
 	bearing spacers and wheel pilot rings only."

 	"Currently, we know this setup will fit the following
 	vehicles:

 	"1969 Javelin and Rambler V8, 1969 AMX, 1970-73 Javelin
 	6 Wide Profile Tire.  We used spindle casting	  #
 	3191484, if you have another casting- we are definitely
 	interested in getting the measurements for calculations
 	of suitability for other applications."

This seems like a good kit, anyone used it? AMC part kits run
$200 these days unless you strike it lucky at the yard.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 12:55:14 +0000
From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

My first thought looking at this is that a 1/4" plate is an extremely narrow
area for that caliper to be riding against.
I would epxect that in short order you will have a croove work in the caliper or
mushroomed the plate?
  I could be completely wrong on this...  Otherwise it looks to be a very nice piece.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"