Re: [Amc-list] keys

I had an ignition switch fail on my first Rambler, an only semi-ratty '64 550, and I replaced it with a new "universal" ignition switch and a starter button.  I put the key up under the dashboard, near the little switch that turned on the courtesy lights, then put a starter button up under there, too.  I pretty much left the key in the ignition all the time since I was still able to lock the doors, and the fact that a key was actually present was hidden from sight.

I was super happy with that set up . . . and every time I start on of push-button automatics, it makes me smile to remember the ritual of turning a key then pushing a button to start a car . . .