Re: [Amc-list] Re; Stupid Water Pumps

On Tue, 8 May 2007, John Elle wrote:

> stashed it on a shelf under the impression that
> it was an AMC I-6 water pump. Last fall while
> cataloging parts for my 232 project I got the pump
> out and looked at it. It is not one that is compatible
> with a 232/258 thus I have no idea what it is. If you
> could forward a j-peg of the pump you need I could
> compare it with the picture and see if it is some kind
> of an AMC pump rather than and unknown entity.

Hmm, I was looking at one on ePay that's claimed to be for an
aluminum 195.6. It appears to be the same as the one in my iron
motor, except that the nipple for the heater is cast in like
the one for the 232, mine it's threaded so that the steel hose
can rot off and cause a leak where it's hard to repair.

This is the link to the eBay part:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300108554944&rd=1,1

RockAuto also has a photo of Cardone #58270, but the mouse-hover
image pops up for only 1/2 second at a time, some sort of cheap
porn tease effect. I guess they want me to pay first.

Frank has warned that there's at least three 195.6 pumps,
but then there's at least two for the 232 so we're even
(shaft lengths).