Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=

Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=

" From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
"
"
" If that's the case, I wonder if the motor could be mounted directly to
" the axle? Should be enough room with the six. Motor might be to big for
" that though. Regenerative braking is handled by the controller.
" Shouldn't be to much more $$$.
"
" A: You are talking about regenerative braking through the electric motor? I
" was thinking a small electric motor at each wheel for regenerating the power
" and stopping.

i think you might need more than -small- motors for anything but
gentle stops.  they won't be able to regeneratively brake you any
faster than they could accelerate you.