Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=

From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=
To: amcrelay@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I seem to recall that, but this was a different setup. I don't
see how
you're going to mount the motor in the transfer case unless
you're
doing away with the chain so it's front drive electric/rear
drive LPG,

A: The motor will be mounted on top of the tcase (only the floor pan under the driver's seat needs modding and that part comes off!)

and no way to make it 4x4. Well, you could run both for a short
time to
get out of the mud or something like that, but not all the time.

A: It wouldn't need to be 4x4 for freeway or even city cruising (switching the tcase to neutral would allow the electric motor to drive the front only and manual or auto hubs in rear would allow for reduced drag

If
that's the case, I wonder if the motor could be mounted directly
to the
axle? Should be enough room with the six. Motor might be to big
for
that though. Regenerative braking is handled by the controller.
Shouldn't be to much more $$$.

A: You are talking about regenerative braking through the electric motor? I was thinking a small electric motor at each wheel for regenerating the power and stopping.