Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, RetroRalph wrote:

> We used to put "South Bend" heaters in some of our Jeeps and old truck
> cabs that were fueled by gasoline burning heaters.  They seems to be
> safe enough and made good heat.  They did have a blower motor.  Usually
> mounted under the passenger side under the dash.

When I was 20 or so a friend of a friend, Corvair nut, had one
of those inside the 'trunk' up front and ran it all the making
out with his girlfriend under the power lines in Holliston Mass
in fall and winter. I think he used more gasoline in that heater
than in the engine.