[Amc-list] Details/AMCyclopedia

Whatever it's called, wouldn't it be grand[e] if there were some
super-slick
AMCyclopedia somewhere where every future AMC Voyage[u]r could click to
see and read (English, the world's language, would be fine for most
curious people) the complete story?  Then we wouldn't need to keep
writing/rewriting old history.
------------------------

It's slow in happening because few people contribute anything, but
www.AMCyclopedia.org is there and has had some growth. Anyone who
registers can contribute items, but we've only had a couple people do it
over the last couple years. Part of the "problem" is editing the pages.
It takes time! Even if you can't get it to "look right" in the editor,
put it in anyway! Someone with HTML knowledge can make it look right and
move it where it needs to be later.

I have minimal HTML knowledge and editing time, but if someone with HTML
knowledge but no info to contribute wants, Matt or I could allow them
editing rights so they can edit contributed materials. That sometimes
means getting in touch with the author for some explaining or file
transfers showing what the info should look like (mainly tables and
such), but that's not hard! The editor takes straight HTML, but doesn't
like all the header info that an HTML editor puts in -- so it usually
has to be hand edited. That's okay -- use an HTML editor if you like and
upload it so all it takes is a bit of editing to look right. Files
aren't usually to large to do that too -- unless it consists of a long
listing like the dealership lists.