Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=

Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=

The Concord and Pacer were both used for electric conversions in the
late 70s. Range was somewhere around 300 miles using the auto trans,
IIRC. Performance was about what you'd expect from one of the 2.0L
Concords made in the mid 70s.... adequate, but that's about it. I don't
recall top speed of the electrics -- it would cruise at the lawful top
speed of 55, but passing something near that speed might be a problem. I
think top speed was 60-65, but may have been 70 for a short dash (such
as passing). It would make a great suburban commuter car, but that's
about it. For a two car family living somewhat close to "town" or
suburban shopping/work, it would be a great second car. Plug in every
night for a top-off.

The Renault LeCar was also used -- the "Lectric Leopard". I forget what
the Concord was called and who made it, but Garry can fill in those
details.