[Amc-list] Valve ratios

Based on my BMW bike building experience:

we ran a 94mm bore with a 45mm in. // 40mm ex. valve set up

as did the BMW Roadrace of Butler & Smith Inc.:

2.02 = 51.308 mm

1.73 = 43.942 mm

1.70 = 43.18 mm

1.60 = 40.64 mm

1.50 = 38.1 mm

1.406 =  35.7124 mm

[ 327cu.in. is 101.6  / 3.25" stoke - same as NASCAR -]

         =Bt=
  milnersXcoupe
   "The Heretic"

 I've been looking at valve choices.
4.0L looks like a very interesting possibilty for valves and ofr
real
irony the cheapest place I have found new valves is HESCO!!! Go
figure!
I'm not settled in on that valve choice yet though.
  Doing the math if you add two cylinders to a 4.0L it comes up to
322
cu
  in! Pretty darned close to a standard bore 327! But I'm not
positive
  that the 4.0L valves are perfect. The exhaust on the 4.0L is right
in
  the 1.5" range head, larger than the 1.406 of the stock 327. But
Chevy
  1.60" valves are easiliy available and a real close match too.