[Amc-list] changing Master cylinders from Wagner to Bendix

[Amc-list] changing Master cylinders from Wagner to Bendix

I removed the Wagner M/C from my 66 American and it looks pretty rough. I
may be able to save it, but I have a new Bendix unit in my "spares" and I
believe I can make it work by using adapters in the front and rear ports
(the Bendix ones are next size up from Wagner ports). I don't know how
critical the fact that  the rear port on the Wagner is in the rear and front
brake port is in the front. The Bendix is just reversed, I believe.  Also I
may need a Bendix "push-rod" or whatever it is called as the two units don't
use the same length rods which connect to the brake pedal. I have manual
brakes.

The Wagner unit is obsolete and next impossible to obtain even though I was
able to get a rebuild kit from RockAuto thanks to Matt Haas.

What should I do?