Re: [Amc-list] Off with it's head!

I was reading the TSM about the 196 OHV engine last
night (Don't ask why.) and I noticed that it reminds
the reader to only remove one crank bearing cap at a
time (pretty no-brainer) and to support the crankshaft
with a jack.  I would not have thought that a jack
would be necessary when removing one bearing cap.

I also noted that clearance specs are kinda tight for
the 196 (0.001 to 0.0015 for the main bearings).  I
seem to recall that optimum clearance on my 199 in the
66 Rambler was 0.002 and was acceptable up to 0.003 I
think.  I could be wrong and that and did not take the
trouble to research the 66 TSM.

Good luck,
Joe