[Amc-list] 287/327 trans. stuff

The torque tube for the 63-66 Classic is the same for manual and auto
cars, Classic and Ambo. That's right -- the 65-66 stretched Ambo used
the same TT as the shorter wheelbase cars -- the perches on the
crossmember and maybe the plates on the side of the engine were
different. I know the CM has a different part number; the perches would
be easy and relatively cheap to change as well as would making new
plates -- especially compared to the cost of a longer TT assembly and
the space to stock another in inventory. I haven't checked the engine
mount plate part numbers or had a long wheelbase Ambo to compare with a
Classic/Rebel.

The T-89 and T-86 should have the same bell housing bolt pattern IIRC,
but I'm not sure about the input shaft length. The 86 may use a
shallower bell, though I seriously doubt it. The 62 TT bolts onto the
63-66 transmission, but 56-61 TTs use a different mount. The six
cylinder bell won't work, but if you have a 62 Classic V-8 bell and
clutch that will work fine. If you're just referring to the clutch pedal
and linkage, you can adapt the six cylinder stuff to the V-8 with a
little cutting and welding work. I know you're up to that! The main
difference is how/where the pivot mounts on the engine, and the bell
crank may be a little wider on the six.