Re: [Amc-list] wheels needed

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Jay wrote:

> Who knows where I can get 2 good wheels or even 4 good wheels if they are a
> set.  My wheels are  5.5 x 14 inch, but  6 x 14 inch will be OK. I am not
> looking for wide wheels and tires.

I have 5.5x14's, but they're here in Los Angeles. Yours for
shipping.

I drove on them for a year, they're "OK". One has some runout,
but it did not vibrate.

My current set are plain steel 5.5x14's also but I sent them
off to Stockton Wheels for truing and powdercoat. It seems like
a pointless luxury, but nothing is more tedious and annoying
than leaky, ugly, shaky wheels!

Now they're perfectly round, wipe clean, and never leak at
all. Cost me about $300 for all five wheels. Total bargain.

And nobody wants to steal plain wheels with hub caps!

I'd do it all again in a minute. Probably will with the little
American, but it's down on the list or priorities right now.