[Amc-list] wheels needed

Jay

Snip
I am looking for 2 wheels for my 66 American. My wheels have been bent
sometime in the past and they don't run trueWho knows where I can get
2 good wheels or even 4 good wheels if they are a
set.  My wheels are  5.5 x 14 inch, but  6 x 14 inch will be OK. I am
not
looking for wide wheels and tires.
I'll buy used wheels if I can be assured I am not getting bent wheels
again.
Jay in FL.
Snip

The following is a listing of stock wheels that can be used on AMC
automobiles

5 lug on 4-1/2" spacing    (114.3 mm)
         AMC Gremlin, Hornet, Pacer, Javelin, Matator, AMX
         AMC - most models (exc. Jeep) '40-'89
         Chrysler/DeSoto - all full size RWD cars (exc. Imperial)
'37-'89
         Chrysler Town and Country or Caravan wheels, Dodge or Plymouth
         will come in different sizes up to 16 inches. Watch out for
back spacing
         though.
         Datsun/Nissan - 1600-2000 '65-'73
                       - 300ZX, 200SX V6 (some) to '89
         Dodge van
         Dodge 1/2 ton PU
         Dodge - all full size cars & P.U.'s '37-'89
               - Dart, Demon, Swinger '73-'80
         Ford 1/2 ton van
         Ford Granada, Monarch
         Ford - All full size cars '49-'72; '79-'85
              - Fairlane '62-'79
              - T-Bird '55-'71; '77-'79
              - Mustang (5-bolt) '65-'73
              - Maverick 5-bolt all
              - Mustang SVO '85-'86
              - Ranchero '68-'84
              - Aerostar, Probe, Bronco II/Ranger to '89
         Hudson - all '48-'56
         Lincoln - all '70-'72; '80-'89
         Mazda - RX7 Turbo, 626, 929, MX6 '86-'89
         Mercury - all full size cars '52-'54; '61-'72; '79-'85
                 - Cougar '67-'79
         Mopar '73-up "A" body
         Plymouth - all full size cars '37-'89
                  - Barracuda '70-'74
                  - Duster, Valiant, Volare '73-'80
         Pontiac - Tempest, LeMans '61-'63
         Studebaker - all '51-'66
         Toyota Crown, Hilux PU
         Toyota - 2WD P.U. '69-'89
                - Supra Turbo '86-'89
                    - Celeca         '70-'74
         Volvo 122, 1800
and there may be others. Many of these cars had optional
styled wheels available for them and are worth trying to find.
In addition if you can find aftermarket aluminum wheels or
what is generally referred to as "Mag" wheels, they have  a
tendency to be truer than factory steel wheels.
Good Luck
John.