[Amc-list] Hei's

 I ran a 78 Transam with the Pontiac 400 and an HEI for 17 years, when I
first got it, it was worthless. I replaced the brain module inside with
an after market upgrade, and did a custom spark advance curve, installed
a new coil, and it was absolutely the most reliable system I've ever
owned. 17 years and 200,000 miles on a car that has just under 500
horses and was not babied at all, it was run hard and raced. Replaced
caps about every 20,000 to 30,000 miles along with the rear tires, just
to keep it on top of its game. Never had to recurve or replace module
again. All my cars, 2 Eagles and my 67 Gladiator will all be going HEI
as money allows.  Recurve kits for these are plentiful and reasonable,
worth their weight in gold.
Frosty