Re: [Amc-list] Engine Vibration

quote
I know the fuel system just got revived yesterday (fuel filter).  The
plugs were properly gapped and wires replaced fairly recently.  The
engine has been on mounts for quite some time now (5+ yrs), so I dunno.
/quote

Has the engine sat for a while? Assuming it was running good before, it is probably misfiring. Here are a few things to check:

Were the plugs wires installed correctly? - making good contact - the right wire to the right plug.

Was the cap and rotor replaced? - if not, then do so.

Has the timing been altered? - put a timing light on it and double check.

Could be a collapsed lifter or sticky valve - there are various snake oils available to combat this, or the engine may just need to run in some more.

There could be dirt in the fuel line. Even though you just changed the filter, check it to see if it's clogged. Rust and crud in the line will plug a new filter pretty fast.

Check the vacuum advance on the distributor. Is it connected and working?

Good Luck and welcome back,

Ross Blair
69 BBO Javelin 390
Ottawa, Ont.